Christian Editing Services (http://www.christianediting.co.nz) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
In order to provide a better service to you, we may collect and process the following information about you:
- information you provide by filling in forms on our site www.christianediting.co.nz (“our site“). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information at other times, for example in connection with a promotion or when you report a problem with our site;
- Personal data generated from technical processes such as contact forms, comments, cookies, analytics, and third party embeds.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence to enable us to provide you with the relevant information, products, and services.
We do not collect any sensitive information.
We only retain personal information for so long as it is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information can lawfully be used.
Uses made of the information
The purposes for which information may be used by us in and outside New Zealand include:
- ensuring that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- providing you with newsletter, education materials or information that you requested or signed up to;
- carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- designing and conducting surveys/questionnaires for client profiling/segmentation, statistical analysis, improving and furthering the provision our products and services;
- complying with laws and regulations applicable to us or any of our affiliates in or outside New Zealand;
- legal proceedings, including collecting overdue amounts and seeking professional advices;
- researching, designing and launching services or products including seminars/events/forums;
- promoting and marketing services and products subject to your exercise of the opt-out right (please see further details in Clause 2.2 below); or
- purposes directly related or incidental to the above.
You consent to us using your personal information to promote direct marketing to you. In this connection, please note that:
- your name, email address, and products and services information held by us from time to time may be used by us in direct marketing to you;
- the following classes of services, products and subjects may be marketed to you in direct marketing:
- services and products related to our site and/or our affiliates (including marketing affiliate programs we are a part of);
- promotional offers and related services; and
- invitations to events such as seminars/webinars/tele-seminars, conferences, live programs or events.
We conduct direct marketing via e-newsletters if you sign up to receive our e-newsletter. You may choose not to receive promotional materials by using the unsubscribe facility at the bottom of each email, and we will cease to do so.
Disclosure of your information
We will keep the personal information we hold confidential but may provide information to persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws and regulations in or outside New Zealand.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
We use third party web analytic services on the website. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyse how visitors use the website. The information collected through these means (including IP address) is disclosed to these service providers, who use the information to evaluate use of the website. These analytic services may use the data collected to contextualise and personalise the marketing materials of their own advertising network.
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google’s ability to use and share information collected by Google Analytics is in accordance with their policies: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
You can prevent Google’s collection and processing of data by using the Google Ads Settings page or downloading and installing their browser plug-in (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout).
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service. Our site uses Anti-Spam. Click here to find out more about Anti-spam: https://wordpress.org/plugins/anti-spam/
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
If you have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we delete all personal data.
Information submitted through the contact form is collected and kept for the purposes of responding to your specific query. This may include providing you with information on our products and services, as requested. We do not use the information submitted through the contact form for other marketing purposes.
Third Party Embeds
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
We may hold your data on servers in New Zealand, Australia, United States and any other territories as we see fit from time to time. We may also transfer your data inside or outside New Zealand, subject to the conditions outlined above.
Your consent and rights
By using our service, making an application or visiting our website, you consent to the collection and use of your information and other activities as outlined in this policy.
Under the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993, individuals have the right:
- to check whether we hold personal data about you and to access such data;
- to request us to correct as soon as reasonably practicable any data relating to you that is inaccurate;
- that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- to ascertain our policies and practices in relation to personal information and the kind of personal information held by us;
- to object to the use of your personal data for marketing purposes and we shall not use your personal data for marketing purposes after you communicate your objection to us.
You may exercise your opt-out right by using the unsubscribe facility in our e-newsletters.
Please send requests for access to data, correction of data, information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held, questions or complaints to:
Christian Editing Services
78 Maungawhare Place
In accordance with the Privacy Act 1993, in some circumstances, we have the right to and may charge a reasonable fee for processing any data access request.
Governing law and jurisdiction
Last updated: 15 May 2018